Thursday, March 27, 2008

Chikezie's Cheesy Performance Got Him Booted

That's right I said it - Chikezie's performance on American Idol was cheesy and lame so, Ba-Bye! And the thing is I like his voice, just not when he sings, 'If Only For One Night' and aparantly I'm not alone.

Now this was a little daunting for me just because as a sista, it was disheartening to see the only black people in the bottom two (Syesha). Made me scratch my head for a second. I'm not usually the one to say that's prejudice or anything, just didn't like seeing that. Syesha shouldn't have been at the bottom. Her voice and song was really good but, Chikezie...yeah his performance sucked.

What did you think about last nights outcome?

photo

2 comments:

Alexis said...

I don't know about everyone else, but I want Kristy Lee Cook to go home NOW. I didn't see her performance Tuesday because I didn't want to. She's a good singer, but she's so boring. Anyway, I like Jason Castro but I wasn't all that surprised he was in the bottom three. I think Syesha is amazing and one of the better female singers this year, but I just think she's being overshadowed by the other contests who have more of a unique flair about them. I'm not surprised Chikezie went home, but he was one of my favorite individuals on the show just because he's so darn cute. As for the fact the only two black contestants were in the bottom three, I guess the whiteys are just too good this season. lol.

Anonymous said...

Please give us a break with "the racism" already. Have ya watched Idol???? There's not enough room here to list all the great "black" singers that have done quite well thank you, on that show. To name the most recent "reject" from idol, does the name Jennifer Hudson ring a bell???

Can't stand Syesha(sp) and from the beginning have had to turn the tube off every time she sings. Chikezie (sp) he's fine, but there's nothing "original" about him. I swear if I hear one more word about the "plight" of the "blacks", I'll start screaming "anti-semitism" from the top of my lungs. Have any "Jews" EVER even been on the show, let alone booted off from the top 10? Please, give it a break, already - there's more oppression in this country than just toward "black" or" African-Americans." So look around at the rest of the "minorities" in this country and you'll see that their "plight" is getting just fine "airplay."

Google