Thursday, February 14, 2008

Michelle's Interesting Interview Before Heaths Death


Michelle Williams has been real good about staying out of the spotlight and being very private. But this issue of 'Wonderland' has a very revealing interview with Michelle before Heath Ledgers passing, sharing on the past, present and future. Here's that interview...


On how fame has changed since the days of Dawson's Creek:

"People weren’t paying attention to who we were dating, what we were wearing or drinking. We were pretty much left alone. We got off scot-free because if the paparazzi had come down then there certainly would have been things to talk about."



On whether she attended Katie Holmes' wedding:
"Everybody wants to know that. No, I didn’t go because I was working on The Tourist. To be honest, we’re not really in touch."

On living with Christina Ricci while shooting Prozac Nation:
"There weren’t a lot of nights in. I was about 19. We were wild. I’m so glad I had those times before I had a child. We were both in dark places and thankfully had each other to go through it with. Luckily it was shot in Canada so we could drink legally."

On whether she’d describe herself as vain:
"I have insecurity masquerading as vanity. I don’t think I’m vain as an actress but I’m probably more so as a person. Again, it goes back to that thing about when I’m working is the only time when I don’t judge myself... While I’m working I really don’t give a f*** how I look. Afterwards, if I have to watch it, I might have some problems."

On being voted one of People magazine’s Most Beautiful People last year:
"The positive comments and good feedback never really touches you. There can be 100 great reviews but you only listen to the one bad one. I can only absorb the negativity, which is a flaw. I wouldn’t recommend that approach."

On her body image:
"I feel like I didn’t have any relationship with my body before Matilda. Well I did, but it was just a bad one. After having my daughter I can’t judge myself in the same way. My body has done this totally miraculous but utterly ordinary thing."

On looking up to her Synecdoche, New York costar Philip Seymour Hoffman:
"I mean, I’ve had nightmares… where I go on stage and Philip Seymour Hoffman is watching."

On how motherhood has changed her:

"The downside is that my vocabulary has shrunk to the size of a pea. Since having a kid, I just don’t have the same access to the world. I don’t see as many shows, I don’t go to many movies and I hardly read any books anymore. I’m lucky to make it through a book a month. So you start to develop in a much more nonverbal way, which can be so frustrating. Also there’s been a lot going on in my personal life and part of me is… I don’t know. I shouldn’t talk about it but it’s like I’m reemerging back into the world or something."

On playing a surgeon in her new film Mammoth
:
"The whole experience has been such an eye-opener... I had this weird sensation where I thought, ‘Oh f***, I’ve missed my calling'. The sense of purpose made me wish I’d become a doctor."

On looking forward to her thirties:
"I don’t really have a concept of my thirties. Obviously so much has changed for me in the last few months that I don’t really have an idea of what my life is going to be. I thought I knew certain things and it turned out that I didn’t so I don’t really try and anticipate so much anymore. I’m not making any bets on the future."

photos and source

No comments:

Google