Monday, December 24, 2007

Rihanna Picked On At School For Being 'White'


Rihanna admits to being taunted and bullied at school for being 'white' in Barbados. Obviously she is fair skinned (as am I) because her mother is black and her father is mixed.

Rihanna shares, “I was a little confused as a kid because I grew up with my mum, and my mum is black. So I was cultured in a very ‘black’ way. But when I go to school, I’m getting called ‘white.They would look at me and would curse me out. I didn’t understand. I just knew I saw people of all different shades and I was light. Now I’m in a much bigger world.”


Rihanna and I are like "this" because I can totally relate. I'm fair skinned, adopted by a white fam when I was young, kids didn't get me (at first) in school. Well, at least 'til high school then I was a rock star but anyways - Rihanna and I could be sisters minus the green eyes. :)

photo

source

No comments:

Google