Monday, December 17, 2007

Alicia Keys Takes On Role Of Lena Horne


Alicia Keys will be taking on the role of miss legend herself, Lena Horne in an upcoming movie produced by Oprah Winfrey. Lena Horne - singer who is a classic timeless beauty has the likes of Alicia Keys stepping in her shoes next year when filming starts.

I think this is another case of Usher taking on Gene Kelly. Not just anyone can do it, but personally I think Alicia will do an awesome job. Just looking at the similarity in this pic tells me they have the right person. Not to mention that I can hear Keys' voice singing 'Stormy Weather', which is what Lena Horne is best known for. Take a listen; 'Stormy Weather/If You Believe'

photo and source


2 comments:

Lynda said...

How wonderful for Alicia~~~ and she does have features which could be worked to look like miss Horne... excellent, I am happy for her, that is quite nice to see her growing in so many directions... how you doin LayDdee? hope all is well and that your Holiday season is coming together easily... hahaha, it is a whirlwind isn't it... take care lovely LayDdee and peace...

LayDdee said...

hey girl, yes Alicia is awesome and I think this could open up more acting roles for her.

I'm doing well Lyn and so glad you stopped by. I hope you have a fabulous Holiday Season. Peace to you my friend.

Google